When I can’t think of what to get my sister or best friend for Christmas I always turn to a list that I update every year as I think of things that I would love to get. Rather than getting that impossible person another candle this year, check out this list for inspiration.
- Movie Tickets and a night of free babysitting (you will be those parent’s hero!)
- A year’s subscription to a magazine they would enjoy, Real Simple, Town & Country, etc.
- A paint-by-numbers or craft kit they can make themselves.
- A bouquet of flowers. At this time of year anything is welcome to brighten up the house.
- Do they like Chinese food? Get them a Wok and a bottle of Teriyaki sauce so they can stir-fry at home.
- Give the gift of a pie plate or cake pan with a baked treat already inside. Don’t forget to include the recipe on a cute recipe card too!
- A nice ice scraper, honestly, who doesn’t love getting something they will use every winter?
- Balderdash! This game of lying has been a favorite in my family for years.
- A potted plant in a cute planter. I love getting plants because they are a living thing (for a few weeks at least for me). Bonus points for herbs or something useful.
- Kids? Get them plastic sleds and take them sledding after Christmas dinner. Great gift idea for adults too!
- A personalized gift basket, something you put together with them in mind. It could be their favorite coffee, a cute mug, and some fun seasonal creamers. Or get more ideas from this website.
- A cute Notebook or Day Planner with some fun and colorful markers or pens.
- A cookbook and an oven mitt stuffed with kitchen utensils. Someone gave me this when I got my first place. It was one of the best gifts I ever received.
- If you are crafty, make them something special like a rice pack or a make-up pouch. Something homemade always is special and to be treasured.
- A bottle of wine and one of these Free adorable tags.
Do you have any other ideas for last minute ideas? I can always use more to add to my list.